Boots for Laminitis or Founder
If your horse has Laminitis or Founder, then you probably have some specifice booting requirements:
- eliminate/reduce concussion
- ability to be worn 24/7
- ability to be worn "loose" rather than riding tight
- be fit-forgiving as ususally those thye of hooves deviate from a normal hoof shape
The options below let you achieve this.
In case your horse is very acute and struggles to stand and walk, we would recommend the Easyboot RX. However, if the application of this boot would mean your horse is likely to "hoon" around, then this is not the correct boot choice. Pick one from below instead.
If the horse is recovering, seems ok on softer pasture, but still struggles with hard and lumpy ground, then these boots in combination with a pad are a great option:
- Old Mac's G2
- Easyboot New Trail (discontinued product, as stock is available)
- Cavallo Trek (our replacement choice for the New Trail)
- For Minis: Easyboot Mini or Cavallo CLB